Saturday, March 10, 2012

DADDY'S RETURN AND DEADLY YO-YO

My father died suddenly 10 years ago. I still dream about him sometimes. Last night I dreamed he was alive again, and I hugged him and said I was sorry we never had a very good relationship. He said it was okay, and that he would stay with us for a while, which I was happy to hear. I asked him a few questions about "the other side," and although he answered some of them (like he was okay there), he refused to answer if God actually existed. Anyway, I was glad to see that he looked much happier than he used to when he was alive.

Then I had another dream. I was in an old city full of pretty buildings. I don't remember how it happened, but I went into a house and met this old man who gave me an ancient and deadly weapon. It was... a yo-yo. It had a very long twine that never seemed to get tangled. And it had a mind of its own!!

So, how did the yo-yo work as a weapon? you may be wondering now. Well, that's what I tried to figure out within the dream. I supposed I could use the yo-yo to knock people out, though that seemed pretty slow and inefficient, but after a while I met some evil dudes, and then the yo-yo jumped from my hand (I was still holding the twine) and hit all my enemies right in the forehead, leaving them unconscious.

Who would have thought a yo-yo would be so cool??

G. E.

4 comments:

  1. That is very interesting... thanks for sharing that. Interesting the yo yo as a symbol. Sometimes relating to the ups and downs of life or not taking lifes issues seriously. That's a weapon cause I guess that could hurt you...the results being painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and thank you for stopping here! It's a pretty interesting interpretation, though I didn't even try to find the meaning of this particular dream :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo-yos ARE ancient weapons. They were turned into toys recently. Wikipedia says that "It has been acknowledged the yo-yo was used as a weapon in the Philippines."

    I ad a dream about my dead Godmother (aunt). She and I were very close. It was a similar dream to yours. I met her in my grandfather's cellar (which was full with water to the ankle). She asked me one time to step down the last step if I wanted to go with her, but I refused. She too said she was ok. Not SUPER, or AWESOME, but ok, and she smiled.

    There's a saying that if you climb down stairs in your dream, you're stepping down levels of consciousness. If you step down the last step, you actually cross over... How's that for weird.

    We should post our dreams on haveanicedream.com I hear they're going to do research on shared dreaming and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo-yos were weapons indeed? WOW! :-D Now I wonder how my brain guessed that...

      Your dream about your Godmother is very interesting. I hadn't heard about the steps thing, only that you can't die in dreams. Which is not exactly true, since I HAVE died in dreams. And now that I think of it, I've climbed up and down stairs of any kind, and stepped down the last step more than once. Nothing happened. Should I be disappointed?

      Delete